The NDIS is the National Disability Insurance Scheme
It supports people with a disability to:
- Choose their own supports and services
- Achieve their goals.
The NDIA is the National Disability Insurance Agency
The NDIS is run by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). It:
- Works out if people with disability can access the NDIS
- Makes plans for people with disability so they get the support they need.
How to apply for the NDIS
The NDIS website has a video and information that tells you how to apply. If you want more information, you can call the NDIS on: 1800 800 110
Choosing your support worker
This info guide will help you think about:
- What kind of support you want
- What your support worker should be like
- How to pick the right person for the job.
Can funding get me a good life?
This Council for Intellectual Disability workbook talks about:
- changes to disability funding
- how you use funding
- how funding can help you get a good life.